Monday, June 13, 2011

Time is Money

Rule No. 171

Cleanliness may be next to Godliness but promptness is a habit that is just as important. Be on time. Not only be on time but be prepared when you arrive. There is a reason the saying “Time is money” has lasted as long as it has. 

I saw this rule on a tumblr a little while back and thought it was so true. Be sure to check out some of her other little tidbits here! 
I cannot live without a watch. Growing up in a family with 3 other girls (2 sisters and my mom) being on time was always a bit of a struggle, and now it is one of the things I am overly obsessive about. I am constantly checking my watch and cell phone and am careful to allot enough time to drive and arrive. This being said... I have on many occasions had to sit in my car and wait because I was outrageously early, whoops! I try to have all of my clocks be a couple of minutes fast but there was a time in the year where my computer was 10 minutes fast! When a friend glanced at it, she left my room in a panic thinking she was late for class only to come in a minute later after checking her clock to thank me for not telling her my clock was so fast... sorry!
During the school year I wear a fossil watch. I love the slightly larger size and the gems in the black face make it unique without being distracting or too glitzy. I find I can wear it for a night out or even to the barn. I am not sure they even make it anymore... but I like this one they currently have...
$115.00
For the summer I decided I wanted to try something a little different. I needed a watch for work so I headed to Target (guilty obsession) to see what they had. After spending a ridiculous amount of time debating my options I came home with this one....
$12.99


After two weeks with it I still love it! The white is a nice summery touch and the face is easy to read. I know the plastic watches are very in this season and you can get a variety of colors at a variety of prices.

Do you wear a watch? What style do you prefer?

xoxo, M

3 comments:

  1. i am obsessed with watches too! I do the same thing- end up getting somewhere waaay too early so I usually take a longer route once im closer to my destination! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the fossil watch that you posted and I love it! Wearing it right now.. I don't think it looks like a fossil. My BF got it for me when I got into nursing school.

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I went looking for my fossil after I wrote this and couldn't find it, so I'm glad to hear that you like it considering I might be in the market for a new one this fall! Did you bf pick it out himself? I'm impressed with his taste! And what is your favorite watch city boy? I have made a lot of stops at coffee shops or bakeries... just to burn time haha. :)

    ReplyDelete