Thursday, October 17, 2013

#tbt

I love instagram as much as the next twenty-something girl. (Acceptance is the first step right?)
I used to roll my eyes during throwback thursday when my feed becomes clogged with pictures of pictures of days gone by, often filled with people that I don't recognize, people from my friends' lives before I was in them.

However upon reflection, I realized that in this fast paced world we are always looking forward to next weekend... next month... next year. Not only do we look that far in ahead, but we also put things off until next weekend... next month... oh well maybe next year. Being a twenty-something gives you a feeling of invincibility, it almost never crosses my mind that there might not be a next weekend, next month, or next year.

It's not my intention to be all doom-and-gloom over here, rather a simple reminder to reflect while you can. The search for the perfect #tbt never fails to make me smile and laugh (and I don't think I'm the only one), so take a break, reminisce about the good old days, reach out to a friend with the words "remember that one time?" 
How do you like them apples?
A lot actually, thanks for asking ;-)

Think of it as the rearview mirror, you are still traveling forward but a glance back helps orient you and plan a better path. I dare you to #tbt.

If you so desire to see anymore of my horribly embarassing #tbt's you can follow me on instagram @macefaceanne

xoxo,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment