Sunday, June 19, 2011

5 Reasons I Love My Dad

Happy Fathers Day!




I am spending mine far away from my daddy dearest, but luckily I get to see him in a little less than two weeks so its not too hard to deal with. In fact I am taking my dad's own advice and being 'frugal' aka I am not shipping him his present. He is going to get in hand delivered when he arrives! For the record though, he did get a card to open today. So today my post is dedicated to bragging about my dad.

#1. He is never afraid to try new things. My dad dreamed about becoming a pilot his whole life but thought he couldn't because of his migraines. Yet we met a family who were all pilots and they set the record straight and my dad began working on his pilots license. Less than 10 years later, he has gotten several levels of certification, has his own twin engine plane, and even taught at the local aviation college. Just within the last year he has gotten into acting. He has been in two murder mysteries at out local studio theatre and even had to learn how to do a british accent. He actually just got nominated for their year end awards as best supporting actor. Thank you dad for showing me how important it is to try new things and never give up.

#2. He is a ladies man. No... I don't mean that kind of ladies man! In my house its me, my two sisters, my mom, and then my dad. Lets just say that when we put the family movie night choice to a vote... he never wins. He has made the most of it, even learning how to braid and curl my hair when I was little and helping us choose what shoes go better with our outfits.

#3. He works really hard. What ever he is doing, my dad works hard and does it the right way. He has instilled in me that if you are going to spend your time doing something. Do it right so that you don't have to do it again. He is really good at his job. I have to say I spent most of my childhood being bored by my parents discussion of my dad's firm, however the more I learn and the more I talk to other people about it I realize my dad is very very good at his job. I just wish that more people could appreciate that.

#4. Our dreams are his dreams. My dad is a big sports fan, but he was so patient with all of us as when we found our passion and talent within the world of horses. He picked up riding so he could spend more time with us and started competing. He even made the front page of the paper! He spent so much of his hard earned money and valuable time off to buy us horses that we would be safe on and taking us far and wide across the United States to compete. He was patient and supporting as I started pursuing other athletic endeavors such as skiing and golf and tennis, but I never ever felt like I was disappointing him.

#5. I love you, you love me, we're a happy family, with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you. Won't you say you love me too? He is a wonderful dad who has done everything in his ability to love, support me and challenge me. He has a wicked sense of humor, never complains about my cooking, and is always there to take my side.

Miss you Dad. Happy Fathers Day!
xoxo, M

1 comment: